2013 has been a good year for me personally, unfortunately for JCoPro.net, I haven’t been posting quite as much as I did last year. On the other hand, I was able to meet several of the goals set in 2013, even if my focus has changed somewhat.
- Total Traffic: 400,000 pageviews – 236,565 views as of this writing on December 29th falls quite short. This site has had 655,290 pageviews total though, so maybe I’ll eventually hit 1,000,000!
- Daily Traffic: 1500 pageviews/day (average number next December 2013). Not even close at maybe 500/day.
- Subscribers: 600 followers, including email, feeds*, Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube – 50 or so RSS followers, 368 Twitter followers, and 194 Youtube followers, and 40 email subscribers means this goal has been accomplished at 652 (I don’t update the Facebook page anymore).
- Pay-per-month sponsors: at least one – Thanks to pyMCU/Circuits for Fun this goal has been accomplished. Be sure to check them out!
- Event: Show at a Maker Faire or the like – I did accomplish this, showing at Columbia this summer.
JCoPro.net is almost exclusively to show off projects that I’m doing or stuff I’m experimenting with, so it can be pretty labor-intensive. DIYTripods.com features both stuff that I’ve done and interesting stuff that other people have done. I’d love if anyone wanted to check that out as well, but I sincerely appreciate you reading my blog, and would love if you wanted to say “hi” in the comments.
I’ve also been doing a lot of writing for the likes of Wired UK, EETimes, and have also started doing some feature pieces for Hackaday again. They are all fun gigs for various reasons. With Wired and Hackaday I love sharing my purported expertise. EETimes is cool too as the format is quite open, and I get to write about stuff that I’ve learned or am researching. There’s also another publication that it looks like I may get some articles for, so that part of my writing seems to be expanding.
So my goals for 2014 are simple. As I’m writing across multiple formats, I think followers/subscribers are what I would like to focus on. So for 2014, my goals are:
- 250 Email Subscribers – including subscribers for this site, and DIYTripods
- 1200 Subscribers on Twitter and Youtube – (total of Twitter + Youtube) Please check out and subscribe to either/both!
There’s also my G+ page that’s been pretty successful. A Google product is already in my goals (Youtube), so I’ll leave that out of my “official” list. Also, you may see a lack of Facebook. For a number of reasons, I don’t really use it, but that’s not to say it wouldn’t be used at some point.
Finally, I hope all of you have a great 2014, and thanks for reading!